Making and keeping floors clean is indeed a big chore. While floors and walls make up the largest surfaces in your home or business, cleaning floors requires much more time and attention than walls do.
We walk on and track dirt all over our floors, we spill on them, and our pets shed hair on them. Therefore we must clean them often, that is if you like a clean home!
In this post I will show you 2 simple steps to clean any floor in your home.
There are many types of floor coverings therefore there are a plethora of floor cleaning tools. The right tools lets you do a great job in 2 easy steps:
Since sweeping to remove loose dirt is always the FIRST STEP the tools we can choose from are a broom, a dust mop or a vacuum cleaner. (One of my very favorite tools is my Dyson cordless wand style vacuum. It’s very efficient and super convenient.)
Now when it comes to WASHING the floor…(removing the stuck on dirt) there are a plethora of tools to choose from.
The old fashioned string mop…
- uggg nasty, messy and labor intensive.
- Requires going over the entire floor several times.
- Once to wash and one or two times to rinse away soap or chemical cleaner.
- Designed to be a one step process.
- Swiffer products are consumable & very expensive.
- They leave chemical residue on the floor and can make pets sick.
- NOT consumable. Uses ONLY WATER.
- Is a one step process because there is NO need to rinse.
- Removable pad is cleaned in the washing machine.
- Extendable handle also used for the dust mop.
- One step process.
- Consumable pads are expensive and they do not clean corners well.
- Not a varied use tool.
- Ultimate floor cleaning tool.
- Touches entire floor once.
- Uses only water.
- No Rinsing Required.
- Completely sanitizes.
- Leaves no dirty corners.
- Dries immediately.
- Can be successfully used on any floor surface even hardwood & carpet.
- Endless uses.
I don’t even mind cleaning floors anymore because I have the very best tools possible that make this chore so much easier and faster than it used to be.
SWEEPING: I use either my Dyson Cordless Vacuum or my removable dust mop pad.
WASHING: My “keep it clean” tool of choice is my microfiber mop.
My “make it clean” tool is my irreplaceable Sargent Steam Cleaner.
To clean your floors in less time, do a better job and have fun doing it, Click Here!